Edelman Financial Engines CFP® Certification Diversity Scholarship
about the scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP TO EMPLOYMENT
The Edelman Financial Engines CFP® Certification Diversity Scholarship aims to support the development of aspiring financial planners from underrepresented communities and expand diversity efforts within the profession.
Long recognized as a leader in the democratization of financial planning and investment management, Edelman Financial Engines is partnering with the CFP Board Center for Financial Planning to help create a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession. This scholarship aims to help the next generation of exceptional, client-centric financial planners build their careers.
In partnership with the Center, the scholarship awards up to $5,000 per individual working to complete a certificate-level CFP Board-Registered program that would qualify them to sit for the CFP® exam.
Each scholarship recipient will also have the opportunity to interview for full-time employment at Edelman Financial Engines, as part of its We Aspire Financial Planner Development Program. Interviews will take place once scholarship recipients are selected. If hired, participation in We Aspire will begin in September 2022.
The We Aspire Financial Planner Development Program is a 1.5 year rotational program in Edelman Financial Engines’ inbound and outbound advisor centers, consisting of mentorship and an educational curriculum tailored to building exceptional financial planners. Participants who meet all performance criteria will be hired into a post-program role on the Emerging Investor Planner Team. Depending on expertise and experience, participants may be eligible for a promotion into a Senior Financial Planner role, even during the 1.5 year program. All individuals hired into the We Aspire program are full-time employees of Edelman Financial Engines.
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Must have at least 2 years of financial services industry experience
- Must have an undergraduate degree
- Must already be enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered certificate program at the time the scholarship application is submitted. Documentation of program enrollment and costs is a pre-condition to receiving the award.
- Must be from an underrepresented population within the financial planning profession in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Must have demonstrated financial need, to be explained in the essay requirement of the application process.
- Must be available for, and interested in, a full-time employment opportunity beginning in September 2022 through the We Aspire Financial Planner Development Program noted above.
- Must have a demonstrated desire to help others reach their financial goals, while building their own career in a professional setting.
- Must exhibit professionalism and dignity, and demonstrate the ability to enhance and maintain the profession’s public image.
Applicants who are selected for the final round of the application review process must pass a background check conducted by the CFP Board.
Applications will only be accepted through this webpage. Please do not submit application materials via mail, fax or email.
Scholarship awards will be disbursed in two equal installments. To receive the first installment, recipients will have to demonstrate proof of enrollment in an eligible certificate-level CFP Board Registered Program. The second installment will be awarded either upon completing the program (if the awardee has already started coursework), or when the awardee is half-way through the program (if the awardee has not yet started coursework).
The next application window will open in 2023.
2022 Scholarship applicants will be notified of the award decision via email in May 2022. If you have a question about the status of your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.