2020 Virtual Diversity Summit and Career Fair
Third annual Summit to focus on sustainable diversity and inclusion initiatives.
November 18 - 20, 2020 — Virtual Summit
The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning is pleased to announce the third annual Diversity Summit taking place online from November 18-20, 2020. The theme of the 2020 Summit is Sustainability, highlighting diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives that are sustainable in terms of their ability to create and maintain change based on measurable metrics driven by top-down and bottom-up accountability.
The event will also feature a Virtual Career Fair that will connect employers with CFP® professionals, students and other qualified candidates through one-on-one chats. The Career Fair will focus on candidates who are women and/or people of color.
What is on the Agenda?
- The release of a new thought leadership report showcasing case studies of successful D&I practices in the financial services industry that provide metric-driven accountability
- Panel discussions detailing successful diversity initiatives
- "CFP® Pro Talks” featuring personal reflections from CFP® professionals of color
- An Executive Roundtable highlighting firm leaders who are committed to D&I
- Facilitated breakout groups to gather participant input
- Actionable recommendations that firms can apply to their D&I efforts
- Virtual Career Fair connecting employers with CFP® professionals, students and other qualified candidates through one-on-one chats
Who Should Attend?
- Executives, D&I professionals and talent recruiters from financial services firms
- Program directors from colleges and universities with financial planning programs
- Organizations with diverse constituencies of talent
- Financial planning practitioners and students
- D&I experts
Where Do I Go and When DO I Register?
All 2020 Summit programming will be conducted virtually, with sessions held between the hours of 12:00pm and 3:00pm, Eastern Time, each day of the Summit.
Further details, including registration information and the full agenda, will be announced and shared on this page at a later date. For questions or information on sponsorship opportunities please contact email@example.com.
About THE Center’s Diversity Summits
The CFP Board Center for Financial Planning launched in 2015 with a big vision – to ensure every American has access to competent and ethical financial planning advice. This vision can only become a reality with a more diverse and sustainable financial planning profession. However, only 23% of CFP® professionals are women and only 3.8% are African American or Latinx.
The Summits bring together firms, academic institutions, partner organizations and CFP® professionals in a collective effort to create a more diverse profession through research, case studies, best practices and actionable initiatives. Learn more about the Center’s past Diversity Summits.