Financial Planning Career Guide
Earning your CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification is an investment in your career — and yourself. Here are a few resources to help you figure out whether a career in financial planning is right for you, and how you can get a competitive edge by becoming a CFP® professional.
What is Financial Planning?
Gaining an understanding of the profession — including what financial planners do, their areas of expertise and the skills that you can develop through CFP® certification — can help you decide whether becoming a CFP® professional is right for you.
What Makes CFP® Certification Different?
CFP® Professionals Share Their Stories
Real CFP® professionals talk about how they're building their own future, while they help clients build theirs. See why these young professionals chose to earn their CFP® certification and where it's taken them.
Start your journey to CFP® Certification
- Track your progress with the CFP® Certification Tracker
- Post your resume at the Career Center
- Connect with a mentor who can guide you
- Register and prepare for the exam
- Find career and financial support
- Connect with other candidates at our online forum