For Financial Professionals
If you're already in the financial services profession, earning the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification is a proven investment in your future. Whether you're looking to further your career in financial planning or complement your other qualifications, earning CFP® certification sets you apart from the competition.
Get Certified, Go Further
Invest in a rewarding career by achieving your CFP® certification, the standard of excellence in financial planning. CFP® professionals have demonstrated expertise and are committed to high standards to earn the respect of their colleagues and the trust of their clients.
Experienced financial advisors earn on average, $192,000 a year.*
of CFP® professionals say they have a competitive edge over other financial advisors.
say CFP® certification has directly contributed to their success.
Take the Accelerated Path to CFP® Certification
You may be able to bypass most of the education coursework requirement if you hold one of these degrees, licenses or credentials.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - inactive license acceptable
- Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
- Licensed attorney - inactive license acceptable
- Ph.D. in financial planning, finance, business administration, or economics
- International CFP certification from the Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB)
Build on Your Existing credentials
Thousands of professionals already working in the financial and business sectors earn CFP® certification to build their knowledge, credentials and practice. Learn how CFP® certification can enhance your existing credentials.
Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®)
See why Chartered Financial Analysts® have also added the CFP® mark to their credentials.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Expand your services beyond a once-a-year, tax-centered approach.
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®)
Build on your ChFC® and gain greater trust among consumers and employers.
Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
Expand your insurance and estate planning practice with comprehensive financial planning.
Get your clients' finances in order by offering financial planning along with estate planning and legal advice.
Start your journey to CFP® Certification
- Track your progress with the CFP® Certification Tracker
- Post your resume at the Career Center
- Connect with a mentor who can guide you
- Register and prepare for the exam
- Find career and financial support
- Connect with other candidates at our online forum