2023 CFP Board Conference
On October 11-13, 2023, CFP Board hosted the 2023 CFP Board Conference, which unites the CFP Board Registered Programs Conference and Annual Firms Summit. This event created an exclusive forum that brings together today’s employers of CFP® professionals with leaders from the colleges and universities preparing the CFP® professionals of tomorrow.
Expanding on the success of the 2022 CFP Board Conference, this year’s audience included undergraduate students enrolled in CFP Board Registered Programs.
Attendees had a unique opportunity to meet, network and share knowledge and content that advances their roles in and their impact on the future of financial advice
The agenda sessions included specific tracks for firms, Registered Programs and students, including sessions on:
- Innovation in Training
- Trends in Investing, Digital Engagement and Advice
- Student and Firms Speed Networking
- How We Capstone
- Tips for Success for Tenure-Track Financial Planning Faculty
- Bringing the Case Study Method of Learning Into Your Financial Planning Program
- Maddy Dychtwald, Ph.D., is the co-founder of Age Wave and an award-winning author. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 50 female futurists globally, Maddy has been deeply involved for nearly 40 years in exploring all aspects of the age wave and how it’s transforming the marketplace, the workplace, our world, and our lives. She is an internationally acclaimed author, public speaker, Wall Street Journal blogger, and thought leader on longevity, aging, the new retirement, and the ascent of women.
- Katy Milkman is the James G. Dinan Professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, host of Charles Schwab's behavioral economics podcast Choiceology and co-founder of the Behavior Change for Good Initiative. Katy's bestselling book How to Change: The Science of Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be was named one of the best books for healthy living in 2021 by The New York Times.
- Amy Herman is a lawyer, art historian and professional lecturer. As the former Head of Education at The Frick Collection in New York City, she developed her Art of Perception seminar, which focuses on improving observation, analysis and communication skills through visual literacy. Amy has adapted sessions globally for Fortune 500 companies, the FBI, Interpol and the military. Her book Visual Intelligence: Sharpen Your Perception, Change Your Life has been featured on The New York Times and Washington Post best sellers' lists.
Who Should Attend
Firm leaders should plan to attend this one-of-a-kind event. Firm attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Build partnerships, learn and share ideas and best practices with other employers.
- Connect one-on-one with registered programs and leaders of CFP® professionals.
- Attend over 10 sessions addressing specific challenges and areas of interest within the financial planning profession, including Innovation in Training, and Psychology of Financial Planning.
- Experience compelling presentations from our esteemed keynote speakers Maddy Dychtwald, Katy Milkman and Amy Herman.
Interested in sponsoring a CFP Board Conference? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.